1st
BLOG – 05/09/2013
Introduction
My name is
Craig; I went to Bishop Rawstorne C of E High School, wherein I did a double
distinction star ICT course. After which, I moved to Runshaw, and completed the
AS year of Computing, unfortunately my other subjects’ grades disallowed me to
continue with the course, so, as I wish to go onto a career within IT, I chose the
Level 3 extended diploma in IT. I aim to continue my high attendance this year.
My main hobbies are reading, of which I mainly read ancient war novels, i.e.
Roman, Carthagian, etc; gaming, which I do to pass the time, and also to have
fun; and Sailing, for which I have a 31ft westerly Berwick leisure yacht and
sail upon the river Ribble.
Strengths
1 – Computer/software skills – I am well versed in using
computers for most of my life, so the usage of computers and their software
comes naturally to me
2 - Resilient – I am strong minded, thus I
can keep going when I carry out tasks, such as if something goes awry, I am not
put off or “down” about it, I just carry on and get it done
3 - Imaginative – I have and I do read a lot of books, thus
my imagination has been expanded countless times, enabling me to understand
most things I come across. Thus, I am not held back by language problems as a
lot of my generation tend to be, and can get on with work swiftly and
efficiently.
4 - High Standards – I always keep my standards high, since,
if a job can be done well/ carried out well, then it should be done so
5 - Fast typing skills – I am able to type correctly
quickly, thus I can complete work faster
6 - Strong minded – I often debate with people over various
topics and can always defend my own ideas, no matter who it is that I am
arguing with
7 - Punctuality – I always keep up a high attendance and
turn up on time, in accordance with my high standards, of over 99% attendance
over my high school/college time
8 - Mature – I try to always be mature about my work, and
not mess around when I am completing work, or tasks I have been given
9 - Respectful – I believe respect is one of the most
important factors of life, however, I believe that respect must be earned, not
freely given, else it is meaningless
Areas for
improvement
1 -Speaking in public – I have never been very good at
standing up infront of an audience and speaking, whether it be presentations or
other. It is important for both the rest of my life, likely in jobs in the IT
field and also, for my course at college, where presentations seem to be a
normality to getting the grades/ assignments. To improve this, I should do more
parts of any speaking presentation to improve my own skills at speaking.
2 - Pessimism – I do tend to be rather pessimistic with
things in life, always seeing the worse aspects, “the glass is half empty” and
such. To improve this aspect of myself, when I am completing work, to perhaps
have a break after doing so much, or to listen to music to keep myself fully
interested, lest I get pessimistic about it, thus, I don’t get distracted so
much.
3 - Time management – I do get distracted via playing games
etc. Thus, I tend to run out of time in a day to be able to complete work and
do not realise it. To improve, I will plan my work, so I can always keep on top
of any deadlines, and also, will do work before any recreation, and use study
times in college wisely, so as to minimise any work to be completed at home
where there are more possible distractions than in college, which also helps me
to keep ahead of the work/ get it in on time.
4 - Easily distracted- I get distracted very easily and so I
often complete part of my work and then become distracted by something or
other, however, a way I have found to keep my concentration on the task I have,
is to listen to music, in order to both drown out background noise which often
distracts me, and also to fully set my mind on the task, which also ties in
with my time management skills.
I shall hopefully have improved somewhat on each of these areas for improvement by the end of december 2013.
I shall hopefully have improved somewhat on each of these areas for improvement by the end of december 2013.
No comments:
Post a Comment